I often think of African space-time as a dancefloor because I resonate with the motherland’s oral traditions in a particular way when I’m exploring and navigating Her southern hemisphere frequencies within the global arena. I’m most grateful to those cultural custodians who’ve carried me on wings of song, connecting me and the human family at large to our soul level, unity-conscious energies of UbuNtu. It has been life-affirming to experience Ascension to timelines where I’ve been met by my guides through the Alkhemy of our ancestral call-response energies in the Drum Circle I innerstand as the BaNtu Waltz. Without losing a beat or step, we’ve even managed to transform heavier energies which pulled up with ill-begotten agendas to turn our ballroom into their bullring – a plaza de toros where two or more got to Tango… ‘nthen some! Read More
REENTRY ’23: Hwt~Hr
SKIPPER’S LOG ENTRY DATE: January 13, 2023 [Gregorian] <=> May 5, 2015 [Ancestral] STARPORTAL MISSION: Restoring humanity’s navigational settings to their organic space-time co-ordinates @ Earth’s Ma’atrix… Temple of the World… The Womb of Time… Hwt~Hr… in accordance with the following data:
- Hwt-Hr ~ in the most ancient Africa-centered sense means House or Mansion of S/Heru… everywoman’s Divine Womb where human lives are seeded, gestated, & eventually born into the 3D Circle of Life through Hwt-Hr‘s Portal. This evolutionary outcome is the first in a series of S/Hero‘s Journey cycles through Mysteries & Portals that this newly created Life will yet encounter. For chosen primordial beings of light, these Journeys will be about merging, remembering, awakening, ascending, reactivating, & completing their soul’s mission in this particular 3D sojourn. So, if in review 2022 felt like Humanity collectively reached a point of critical mass on key levels of consciousness, it was likely Mother Earth’s preparation, through these primordials, for 2023… A Year of re-Entry.
- Hathor [Hwt-Hr] is such a being whose name and Goddess characteristics were originally ascribed in Kmt (ancient Egypt) where there are 3 profoundly related aspects to Her worship:
- (1) As Goddess of Music, Dance, & Beauty Hwt-Hr was referred to as: “Bearer of the Sistrum… Queen of the Dance… Mistress of Music… Queen of Harp Playing… Lady of the Choral Dance… Mistress of Inebriety Without End… The One Who Fills the Sanctuary with Joy… Lady of Fragrance… Lady of the House of Jubilation… Hathor’s priestesses and priests were musicians and dancers whose rituals of worship entranced & entertained as they filled the sanctuary with the sounds of song, drumming, & various other instruments such as lyres, pan-pipes & sistrums – rattles that were sacred to Hathor. The sistrum‘s rattle, which reportedly sounded like “the cackling of geese or the rustle of papyrus flowers,” helped create a sonic shield of protection against wrathful deities such as Set.
- (2) As Goddess of Fertility, Children, Birth, & Women Hwt-Hr was referred to as “the Goose that laid the Golden Egg… Milk of Life… Celestial Nurse…” As such, she was regarded as the fertility aspect of Auset – wife of King Ausar who was murdered & mutilated during his jealous brother Set’s evil coup of Heaven-on-Earth’s throne. The pieces of Ausar’s body were scattered in the “wilderness” [aka the colonized African Continent & its Diaspora], the 14th of which is symbolized in the ancient Tkhn and remains key to humanity’s unresolved Mystery that widow Auset must resolve in Her Shero’s Journey & role as Divine Seeker. Auset’s posthumous conception of their son Heru/Hero (who grew up to avenge his father & reclaim Kmt’s throne in this archetypal narrative) was translated in biblical text as the immaculate conception of Christ.
- (3) As Goddess of the S/Hero’s Journey, Foreign Lands, & the Circle of Life Hwt-Hr was referred to as Lady of the Sycamore of the South… Lady of the West (direction of the setting sun/‘death’)… Mistress of the Necropolis… Lady of the Tomb… She who is Adorned with Stars…” As “Lady of the Sycamore of the South,” Hathor used milk from Her Mother Tree to restore sight to Heru after one of his bruising battles against antagonist Set (usurper of Ausar’s Heaven-on-Earth throne). “His eyes are as the eyes of doves by the rivers of waters, washed with milk & fitly set.” [SoS 5:12 KJV]. A spell in the Book of the Dead names the Seven Hathors – AKA 7 Sisters or Pleiades star system – of the Taurus Celestial Herd/constellation. The 7 Hathors are said to question & assist the soul’s Circle of Life journey, which is accompanied in death by the sky-bull [Ausar/Taurus] who’s joined the Hathors in their cow form. Hathor “Lady of the West” appears on sarcophagi as Portal & Protector in the great beyond.
- Hathor’s epithets & symbols are consistent with the deepest Mysteries of Africa’s oral-aesthetic traditions in which “music” (enhanced speech) is understood to act as nommo – the generative power of the word… the seed. As such, orality represents the masculine co-creative agency of Heru the Elder (Hathor’s Divine Masculine counterpart), who depends on the Divine Feminine’s regenerative resources in His grand progression & evolution through Life’s circle.
- Referred to as The Womb Of Time, Hathor’s temple at Dendera on the west bank of the sacred Nile River is where the Goddess is worshipped as the personification of feminine love, joy, & sensuality in Her conjoined roles as spouse, lover, divine womb, life portal, & nurturing mother. Facing the direction of the Nile-Star & Spiritual Sun Sopdet’s rising, Dendera Temple itself was a nourishing space for healing, learning, & birthing. It housed a sanatorium with magic bathing waters & a sacred well; labs where ceremonial perfumes were concocted; a papyrus library; a birthing place; & chapels devoted to the mythologies of Auset~Ausar~Heru…
- Rising from the earth/floor & holding aloft the heavens/ceiling, Dendera Temple’s pillars symbolize the shaft of the sistrum – Hathor’s sacred instrument. Atop each pillar is Hathor’s face, portrayed symbolically as the womb/uterus – the Divine Feminine’s co-creative organ – its fallopian tubes depicted as elongated ears through which she receives sound… word… seed… nommo. As co-manifestor, Heru – who helps frame & uphold the heavens per the Dendera Zodiac [right] – is master-musician to Hathor, each Divine co-creator highly attuned to the other’s freequency [UbuNtu] & subsequent resurrection modalities of their celebrated Re-Entry…
- Similar to the annual Feast of Opet that was staged between the southern and northern sanctuaries on the Nile’s east bank of God/dess consorts Amun-Re/Mut was the ‘Beautiful Feast of the Reunion’ (Hab Nefer en Sekhen) between God/dess consorts Heru/Hathor. The name Hwt-Hr (‘mansion of Heru’) became fully illumined through the fertility rituals surrounding their annual conjugal visit & Reunion Feast which entailed Hathor being sailed upstream on the Nile River from Dendera to Heru’s Temple at Edfu, also on the west bank, accompanied by a mix of musicians & other creatives who were priests of the goddess. Celebrations surrounding Hathor’s arrival included offerings of myrrh, aromatics, & sistrums (her sacred instrument) as well as hymns encouraging her to unite with “He of Dappled Plumage.” Harvest-related elements included offerings to the Divine Ancestors; the ritual harpooning of a red hippopotamus [representing enemies of the state – Set]; & the release of 4 geese (Hathor’s sacred bird) on the 2nd day of the feast to bear the news that Heru had received the Double Crown.
- The Double Crown, called pschent or sekhemty (the ‘Two Powerful Ones’) was worn by ancient leaders of Kmt to symbolize the unification between South/Upper & North/Lower kingdoms which, in current pan-African space-time refers to earth’s southern & northern hemispheres. In Kmt the white Hedjet & red Deshret crowns were symbolic of South & North respectively, denoting a productive unification between Divine Feminine & Masculine – the ‘Two Powerful Ones’ – which the ankh also conveys as the Key of Life. As Divine God/dess Counterparts, each represents complementary co-creational forces that explain & necessitate each other and – from their higher vibration – inform & uphold the structure & harmonious workings of the universe. Indeed, following the close of the Edfu festivities, Hathor traveled back to Dendera, gave birth to Heru’s fully formed seed, their child who was portrayed as a naked sistrum player & celebrated as God Ihy or alternatively as Heru-Sema-Tawy.
- Sema (“Speak/Say!” in Swahili) means ‘to unify’ & Tawy means ‘the Lands.’ Nommo/seed (masculine) planted in the lands (feminine) is understood as UbuNtu in Africa-centered unity-conscious oral-aesthetic modes of creation, expression, & social evolution. The unification of South & North Kmt that began in the Early Dynastic Period under Pharaoh Menes aka Narmer in 3100BCE used the distinct Sema-Tawy symbol of a human trachea/windpipe rising from the heart chakra entwined with the lotus (South) & papyrus (North). The Double Crown represented a leader’s consciousness of & promise to uphold the constitutionality of that arrangement during their rule. Narmer‘s was the first of 30 successive dynasties which ruled & maintained civil order through a centralized government from the unified capital of Men-nefer or Memphis.
- Hwt-Hr/Hathor’s depiction as the Goose that laid the Golden Egg shows a lotus plant wrapped around Her neck. The lotus plant symbolizes the Nile’s southern source & humanity’s womb in the sentient heart of Africa whose gifts, transported on the sacred river’s northward flow, facilitated the flowering of ancient Egypt & Mysteries of Life, Death, & Resurrection that were documented on papyrus scrolls & taught in temples. As ‘Lady of the West’ it’s of no small significance that both Hathor & Heru’s temples are on the west bank of the sacred river where royal burial sites [pyramids, Valley of the Kings, Necropolis of Thebes…] are strategically located. The sun’s eastern rising & western setting was seen in relation to the sacred Nile River Ma’atrix as the world’s Womb of Time/Prime Meridian within whose grand design Humanity’s Axis Mundi, Mysteries, Navigational Settings, True Compass [N-S-E-W], Divine Order, & Constitutional Balance are encoded… ‘As Above, So Below.’
- Of this grand design, God Djehuti asks: “Art thou not aware that Kmt is the image of heaven, or rather, that it is the projection below of the order of things above? If the truth must be told, this land is indeed The Temple Of The World…” These ancient lands where monomyths, god/dess archetypes, protagonists & antagonists alike assumed their original narrative form, remain embedded within our collective S/Hero’s psyche as we Journey through the south-north hemispheres of life’s expanded theater.
- Djehuti went on to lament a time when this Temple of the World – the Nile Valley Ma’atrix – would be forced out of its sacred alignment with the Heavens, becoming “filled with strangers [&] widowed of the Gods…: To thee I cry, O most sacred River, to thee I announce the coming doom!… [Kmt]/Egypt, once the holy land beloved of the Gods and full of devotion for their worship, will become the instrument of perversion, the school of impiety…”
- Set (antagonist… God of the desert, foreign oppression, storms, chaos, disorder, perversion, & violence), came at the Temple of the World as prophesied, with comprehensive & devastating European agendas of slavery, colonialism, apartheid… all racist & misogynistic enterprises that plundered & scattered Africa’s human, natural, cultural, & spiritual resources, and misaligned humanity’s organic space-time settings around a Europatriarchal axis & false matrix.
- At the doorstep of a new Gregorian year where (amongst other places) the chickens are home roosting, we’ve become enlightened about certain “facts” that fail to add up – such as the Eurocentrically designated year of “2023.” Today, January 13th, 2023 is the Gregorian/Catholic version of May 5th, 2015 on the ancestral calendar of the Orthodox Tewahedo Church of Ethiopia – the one African country that the European powers gathered at the racist 1884 Berlin Conference [aka Europe’s ‘Scramble for Africa’] failed to colonize as an add-on to slavery.
- According to expert scholars, the critical difference between the two religious calendars has to do with their divergent calculations & narrative regarding ‘THE ANNUNCIATION’ – originally recorded in the throat area of Ipet-Resyt [click picture for video link @1:17:20] – God/dess Amun/Mut’s “Southern Sanctuary” in humanity’s Temple of the World. Following their interpretation & appropriation of this ancient Mystery, the Roman Catholic annunciation became a visitation between ‘Angel Gabriel’ & ‘Mary,’ & the official Gregorian calendar reset of global space-time around her ‘virgin birth’ to ‘Jesus’ – calculated to make “all roads lead to Rome.” Ironic then that Italy was unable to colonize Ethiopia, making her Africa’s oldest independent country.
- Another major glitch of the matrix space-timeline is in Europe’s recalibration of “point-zero longitude” to Greenwich [GMT] in England, over 30 degrees west of humanity’s organic Prime Meridian & equatorial source. The point at which zero degrees latitude & longitide should intersect is not over the Atlantic slave trade route, but over the body of water misnamed for the Grandmother of Europe who presided over her country’s continued craven ‘Scramble for Africa.’ Victoria – whose length of reign as Britain’s monarch [1837-1901] was surpassed only by great-great granddaughter Elizabeth II [1952-2022] – is ancestor to Charles III whose scheduled coronation is on May 6, 2023 [Gregorian] & William who inherits his narcissistic colonial sense of entitlement to Africa as Britain’s future monarch. Meanwhile, KC3 & company will keep the fancy costume show going with its bedazzling collection of “official” family wealth (pillaged & other) as he presides over GMT & a shrinking Commonwealth – vestiges of a gluttonous & deceptive Eurocentric space-time matrix.
- Unattended wounds on Humanity’s womb bear the family names of Her colonial violators: ‘Victoria… Albert… Edward… George…’ Substituting these names with those of African dictators who subscribe to Set’s same playbook simply compounds the problem. Lake Mobutu Sese Seko is a non-starter as a post-colonial reclamation of Lake “Albert” – originally Lake Mwitanzige – which, like Lake “Edward” (locally Rweru), lies on the nonsensical colonial divide between Uganda & Democratic Republic of the Congo. Lake “George” (originally Lake Katunguru) lies in a National Park that remains named for Elizabeth II [queen since 1952] over 60 years after Uganda’s independence from Britain in 1962, the last 36+ years presided over by the 9th & current post-colonial President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni [1986-].
- Set’s Victorian teat has made sleeping giants of us all, dispensing propofol even as sentient Mother Earth expresses Her displeasure through global warming & other organic disorders. Nchi za Maziwa Mkuu – Swahili meaning “Countries of the Great Milk” – recalls Djehuti’s Temple of the World reference to Nile Valley lands as earth’s reflection of Heaven’s Milky Way. Known in Tanzania as Nyanza & in Kenya as Nam Lowe (both local names meaning Body of Endless Water), Uganda’s original name for the southernmost sacred womb of the Nile River is Nnalubaale (meaning Home of the Gods). And in the Bunyoro kingdom directly north of Toro where Lake “Albert” is located, the hereditary Royal title, Omukama, literally means ‘supreme milk-bringer’ or alternatively ‘King of kings.’ This primordial wisdom is encoded in African folklore, geography, & astronomical bonds… cultural DNA that humanity can no longer afford to remain colonized at Her equatorial wellspring.
- The Nile is earth’s longest river, traveling well over 4,000 miles northwards through 11 African countries – Nchi za Maziwa Mkuu: Kenya; Tanzania; Uganda; Rwanda; Burundi; DR Congo; Ethiopia; Eritrea; South Sudan; Sudan; & Egypt. Khartoum, Sudan is where the White Nile meets the Blue Nile (sourced by Lake Tana in Ethiopia) to flow as one sacred river towards the Mediterranean Sea. Its southernmost womb is also source to the Congo River Basin whose waters flow into the Atlantic Ocean. Linked in BaNtu mystery, memory, & song as “…The Drinking Gourd” – a coded astronomical reference which directed enslaved Africans towards freedom on America’s Underground Railroad – the cultural practice of water drumming came into being in this complex river basin.
- Most of humanity have been misled into a profound sense of isolation, alienation, & disorientation because of Set’s [prophesied] hijacking of Heaven-on-Earth relationships from the Temple of the World, Ma’atrix, and Womb of Time. The Dendera Zodiac, stolen from its original ceiling location in Goddess Hathor’s temple, confounded France’s best scientists, astronomers & mathematicians regarding celestial events within the constellations depicted on the artifact, including the movement of Sopdet – Hathor’s Nile Star. The church was troubled by the probability of the Dendera Zodiac being thousands of years older than the biblical “creation” date, a concern compounded by the original ‘ANNUNCIATION’ recorded in the throat area of Ipet-Resyt [now Luxor Temple] – “the southern sanctuary” to Ipet-Isut [now Karnak Temple] – God/dess Amun/Mut‘s northern sanctuary whose name means “the most select of places.”
- Sheru’s CALL: “Make haste, my beloved…” [SoS 8:14] #NAKUMBUKA #UBUNTU
- Who is she that looketh forth as the morning, fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners?… [SoS 6:10] Return, return, O Shulamite; return, return, that we may look upon thee… [SoS 6:13]
- “Only the black woman can say ‘when and where I enter, in the quiet, undisputed dignity of my womanhood, without violence and without suing or special patronage, then and there the whole …race enters with me.” [Dr. Anna Julia Cooper, 1892]
- Heru’s RESPONSE: “Behold, I come quickly; hold that fast which Thou hast, that no one take Thy Crown” [Rev 3:11]
- STATUS: Standing by for Re-Entry… #13O31… Blessed Be ❤ ❤ ❤
REVIEW ’22: Our Father’s House… Nakumbuka
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – the long-awaited and highly anticipated sequel to 2018’s Black Panther, which starred the late great Chadwick Boseman in the titular role, finally premiered on 11/11/22… Nakumbuka Day. Nakumbuka is a Swahili word meaning “I Re-member.” The Pan-African Associations of America set aside November 11th as a remembrance date when in 1994 they first observed Nakumbuka Day at San Diego State University in California. Alongside Veteran’s Day observances in America, 11/11 is an annual day to collectively remember the African victims of European enslavers, colonizers & agents of apartheid & genocide whose horrendous and racist acts created a bloody trail of devastation and left families throughout the world unable to lay their grief to rest after several hundred years.
- Writer-Director Ryan Coogler seemed to tap into that same cultural vein by scripting Black Panther: Wakanda Forever as a cathartic vehicle through which to process the real-life loss of Chadwick Boseman, who’d played several roles of significance in Black history & mythology – Djehuti/Thoth… Thurgood Marshall… James Brown… Jackie Robinson… amongst others. And, during the final credits as movie-goers proprietarily gather up their used tissues, Coogler adds an emotional nod to another significant ancestral figure in real-life Black history… Haiti’s Toussaint Louverture, to whom the following quotes are attributed: “They have in me struck down but the trunk of the tree; the roots are many and deep – they will shoot up again!” … “For too long we have borne your chains without thinking of shaking them off, but any authority which is not founded on virtue and humanity, and which only tends to subject one’s fellow man to slavery, must come to an end, and that end is yours.”
- The BP rallying cry, “Wakanda Forever…” is symbolized by a signature salute inherited from Africa’s ancestral Gods & Kings, notably Ausar (great Shepherd, Hunter, God of the Afterlife) & Tut’Ankh’Amun (meaning the living image of Amun) who’s also been depicted in ancient African records & museum artifacts as a figure riding on the back of a Black Panther through the Afterlife, reimagined in the scene of T’Challa’s visit to the ancestral plane in BP1. Each ancestral figure (Tut’Ankh’Amun, Ausar & Amun himself) for me is invoked in the unscripted/5D metaverse of Coogler‘s BP2 silver screen treatment – a presentation some found lacking in Wakanda‘s unfortunate dearth of strong Black male representation (shout-outs to M’Baku!) & its dodgy coziness with the CIA! With actual history as prelude, there are unavoidable 3D implications from all of Wakanda‘s symbolism as an Africa-centered super-power, now stripped through script of its key leadership figures, chain-of-command structure, & exclusivity to the vibranium resource…
- Apropos to legit concerns regarding active threats against Africa-centered masculinity, it perhaps shouldn’t come as a surprise that those who currently consider themselves the custodians of Africa’s ancient resources are, in 2022, rallying against none other than comedian-actor Kevin Hart. Hart is facing calls to boycott his Reality Check show at Cairo Indoor Stadium, scheduled for February 2023 amidst accusations of the comedian-actor attempting to appropriate & “blackwash” the history of Egypt with statements he’s said to have made such as, “We must teach our children the true history of black Africans when they were kings in Egypt, & not just the era of slavery that is cemented by education in America. Do you remember the time when we were kings?”
- Nakumbuka… I remember feeling some kind of way as an African watching “The Pharaoh’s Golden Parade” that took place in Egypt on April 3rd, 2021. Television viewers were provided alternative Easter-weekend programming through a made-for-TV-&-tourism spectacle of the unearthed remains of 22 ancient Egyptian royals being relocated from the Egyptian Museum in Tahrir Square to the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization in Fustat. Mummies that were transported during this event in order of their reign were: King Seqenenre Tao; Queen Ahmose-Nefertari; King Amenhotep I; Queen Meritamun; King Thutmose I; King Thutmose II; Queen Hatshepsut; King Thutmose III; King Amenhotep II; King Thutmose IV; King Amenhotep III; Queen Tiye; King Seti I; King Ramesses II; King Merenptah; King Seti II; King Siptah; King Ramesses III; King Ramesses IV; King Ramesses V; King Ramesses VI; King Ramesses IX.
- This Easter weekend spectacle was followed later that same year during America’s official Thanksgiving day [11/25/21] by another globally televised Egyptian event, celebrating the reopening of “The Path of God,” a 2-mile sphinx-lined stretch between Ipet-Resyt (“The Southern Sanctuary” – now Luxor Temple) & Ipet-Sut (“The Most Select of Places” – now Karnak Temple) – both temples of the Amun~Mut Divinity. In America, the historical Thanksgiving narrative for some is one of peace & shared prosperity between Native Americans & alien ‘Pilgrims.’ Among Native people however, this is a day of mourning the darkness of their genocide, reaffirming their resilience as a people who’ve had to custodian and honor their sacred ancestral relationship to Mother Earth amidst invasion, plunder & subsequent whitewashing/mythmaking. Also known as the Avenue of Sphinxes, the 2-mile Path of God was Kmt’s site of the Opet Festival during which the annual flooding of the Nile (upon which present-day Egypt remains dependent) was celebrated. Earth’s heavenly river (Maziwa Mkuu meaning “Great Milk”/Milky Way) flows from 2 main sources in Africa’s heart & the womb of humanity… sacred font of Kmt’s seminal Mystery system.
- As god Djehuti/‘Thoth’ infamously proclaimed: “Art thou not aware that Egypt is the image of heaven, or rather, that it is the projection below of the order of things above? If the truth must be told, this land is indeed THE TEMPLE OF THE WORLD…” Djehuti then laments a time when this heaven-on-earth Nile Valley would become “filled with strangers” & “widowed of the Gods”: “To thee I cry, O most sacred River, to thee I announce the coming doom!… Egypt, once the holy land beloved of the Gods & full of devotion for their worship, will become the instrument of perversion, the school of impiety…”
- “Changing of the Gods” – a 10-part docuseries that began airing on 2/22/22 – examines how the relationship-drama between the Eurocentrically-designated planets Pluto & Uranus disrupts human affairs during their transits. Amongst the consequential evidence of Pluto-Uranus conjunctions upon Mother Earth, early episodes present footage of Abolitionist, women’s suffrage, Civil Rights, anti-colonial/apartheid, #BLM, #MeToo, George Floyd [etc.] uprisings around the world. Viewed through a Black &/or Indigenous lens, this footage creates its own subversive narrative, suggesting to me that Pluto & Uranus (stars/gods of the docuseries) act like a Trojan Horse pre-programmed to catalyze karmic cycles of trauma-bonding into Mama Earth-as-a-perpetual-Europatriarchal-colony/industrial prison-camp. As a conscious co-creator encamped in the Africa-centered Temple of the World, I’m guided to beware of Greeks [& others] bearing gifts that detract souls from their sovereign narrative & the true Path of God…
- February 22nd 2022 was particularly significant in the United States of America. Astrologers mulled over this date in much the same way as they would over an individual client’s birth chart because, following completion of Pluto’s full 246-year cycle, on 2/22/22 this planet returned for the first time to the exact same position it was in during America’s official “birth” on July 4th, 1776 – the day when America declared its Independence from British colonial rule under King George III. Often described as God of Death & Rebirth, in western/Greco-Roman astrology Pluto is regarded as Lord of the Underworld… attributes appropriated from Ausar who was additionally referred to as the Bull of Eternity [later Europeanized as “Taurus”]. To many, 2/22/22 was anticipated as a Judgment Day of sorts, thus the profound implications of Pluto’s Return, attitude & behavior towards America’s original promises…
- What, to the American slave, is your 4th of July? Frederick Douglass had asked during his speech in New York on July 5th 1852 to the Rochester Ladies’ Anti-Slavery Society. Douglass, an Abolitionist and champion of women’s equality, was pointing out the incompatibility of the continuing existence of slavery with the fundamental claim in America’s Declaration of Independence that “all men are created equal.” In the initial draft of the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson, now credited with its authorship and himself an owner of 600 enslaved Africans on his Monticello plantation in Virginia, had condemned “the warfare of the Christian king of Great Britain,” King George III, for forcing slavery’s “assemblage of horrors” and evils onto its American colonies: “He has waged cruel war against human nature itself, violating its most sacred rights of life & liberty in the persons of a distant people who never offended him, captivating & carrying them into slavery in another hemisphere, or to incur miserable death in their transportation hither.”
- Jefferson’s contradiction did not escape the notice of English Abolitionist Thomas Day, who in 1776 wrote: “If there be an object truly ridiculous in nature, it is an American patriot, signing resolutions of independence with the one hand, and with the other brandishing a whip over his affrighted slaves.” Thomas Jefferson, one of America’s Founding Fathers, went on to become #3 in America’s presidential lineage.
- Fast forward to 10/13/22 when, at the inauguration of the European Diplomatic Academy in Brussels, neocolonial EU foreign policy chief Joseph Borell, ranted out loud about Europe being a superior ‘garden’ & ‘beacon’ that must civilize the violent ‘jungle’ to pre-empt a ‘barbarian invasion’. Queen Elizabeth II – great-great granddaughter to Grandmother of Europe Queen Victoria who rubberstamped Europe’s barbaric invasion & colonization of Africa at the racist 1884 Berlin Conference [aka Europe’s ‘Scramble for Africa’] – herself acceded to Britain’s throne during her stay in the ‘jungle’ treetops of a colonial Kenya forest when her father, King George VI, passed away on Feb. 6, 1952, at Sandringham. Citing the British monarchy as his proof, John Oliver delivers an instructive take in his signature comedic style on how “truly ridiculous in nature” this entitled, racist, & unworthy mindset remains in 2022, the 70th anniversary of QE2’s reign. Her Platinum Jubilee was marked and celebrated in England from February 6th – June 5th, 2022.
- Britain’s longest reigning monarch died later this year on 9/8/22, during her annual stay at Baalmoral Castle in Scotland. The lengthy observances that followed included a centuries-old “breaking The Wand Of Office” tradition, symbolizing the end of a monarch’s sovereign status. At QE2’s funeral on 9/19, the pieces of The Wand which was broken by her Lord Chamberlain, Andrew Parker, were placed atop the coffin as it was lowered into the ground. The controversial Crown Jewels – including the Star of Africa – which had been on the queen’s coffin since 9/9 were then moved into the Royal Vault for the next-in-line.
- By virtue of being the late queen’s oldest child, Charles at 73 years of age finally inherited the British role of Monarch, Head of State… Nation… Commonwealth; Defender of the Faith & de facto Supreme Governor of the Church of England with the power to appoint bishops, archbishops, & deans of cathedrals on the advice of the Prime Minister, as his mother had during her reign. Liz Truss, Britain’s last and short-lived Prime Minister under QE2, was succeeded under KC3 by Rishi Sunak whose parents were coincidentally born & raised respectively in colonial Kenya & Tanganyika (now Tanzania). No doubt KC3’s reign will include a recharged, Harry Potteresque spell-casting Wand Of Office along with the same damning array of “Crown Jewels” & other stolen bedazzlements handed down to Britain’s latest self-claimed representative of God on Earth accompanied by his consort-of-choice.
- I wonder how the Elizabethan playwright Shakespeare [-1616], who famously wrote the speech that began, “All the world’s a stage…” would have critiqued the royal cosplay and its reruns that reinforce a stale version of British identity from the vaunted Buckingham Palace balcony, amongst other televised stages in the long-suffering lands of the so-called British Commonwealth? Envious outsiders such as America’s #45, likely view the centuries-old play/grift on the various publics as evidence of an “extremely stable genius” art-of-the-deal. After announcing his bid to retake the Presidency in 2024, America’s now would-be #47 upped his own game on 12/15 with a “major announcement,” hawking trading cards of himself cosplaying fetishized ideals of American manhood… in part hoping that these visual assaults would help obscure humanity’s awakening (on both sides of the pond) to reality… ~ :“The.Emperor.Has.No.Clothes!”
- MSNBC host Lawrence O’Donnell called #45 “a 20th-century [sic] version of the madness of King George III” …the same King George III that Thomas Jefferson was trying to use as his own scapegoat back in the day. Between the British Monarch & America’s #45, it’s a tossup as to which one, in the archetypal mythology of the Ausar~Auset~Heru trinity, would be the quintessential updated version of Set – god of the desert, chaos, violence, plague & oppression? Jealous, greedy & ego-driven, Set was the usurper of Kmt’s Heaven-on-Earth throne who dismembered King Ausar & scattered his pieces into the “wilderness” [Africa’s Diaspora & colonial reconstruction], hoping that Ausar‘s emasculated 14th piece would prevent his return as a resurrected god. This piece is literally symbolized as the tkhn symbol – called ‘Cleopatra’s Needle’ in Britain’s stolen version & ‘Washington Monument’ in America’s replica – both 17th-century installations amongst other stolen tkhns around the world, mostly in Rome. Ideologically branded & globally marketed as the White Man’s Burden… Manifest Destiny… American Exceptionalism… Monarchism… Trumpism… Christian Nationalism… in these still-active mythological teachings from days-of-yore, it’s not a huge stretch to recognize Set‘s false matrix & its predatory, parasitic, chaos-making ways…
- …To which the victims of vibranium-vampirism should Awaken from the cloak of stupor – cunningly induced & spread by self-appointed “saviors” of humanity – and reclaim their sovereignty by declaring “Nakumbuka!”… The point of this ritual being ‘Re-membering’ – the “expelliarmus” spell that irrevocably disarms Babylon’s ‘Wands of Office.’
- “…Amen” is more than a universal closing to prayer. As timeless proverbs from Ipet Resyt on the southside of Amun~Mut’s 3D Path of God instruct: “A house has the character of the man who lives in it… When the governing class isn’t chosen for quality, it is chosen for material wealth: this always means decadence, the lowest stage a society can reach… Men need images. Lacking them they invent idols. Better then to found images on realities that lead the True Seeker to the Source… If the master teaches what is error, the disciple’s submission is slavery. If he teaches truth, this submission is ennoblement … If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge …Knowledge is consciousness of reality. Reality is the sum of the laws that govern nature/Ntr and of the causes from which they flow…” Sema Tawy
- ~ Amun ❤ ❤ ❤ #Nakumbuka #UbuNtu
“Nakumbuka” 11/11 ~ The MA’ATrix Re-membered
‘Nakumbuka‘ means ‘I remember’ in Kiswahili. November 11th has been recognized as ‘Nakumbuka Day’ by the Pan-African Associations of America since 1994 when the first ceremony was held at San Diego State University in California. It was set aside as a day to remember the African victims of European enslavers, colonizers & agents of apartheid & genocide whose horrendous acts created a bloody trail of devastation and left families on the continent unable to lay their grief to rest after several hundred years. It has been estimated that the Middle Passage claimed upwards of 60 million African lives, not counting the huge losses on plantations in Europe, the Caribbean, North-, Central-, and South-America. In seeking free labor to build its empires, European and American Capitalism’s emergence crippled a continent and its descendants socially, culturally and economically during the timelines of African slavery, colonialism, and now neo-colonialism.Historically, 11/11 marks the end of 20th-century hostilities during World War 1 between two main Western blocks: the Central Powers [Germany, Austria-Hungary, Bulgaria, Turkey…] vs. the Allied Powers [Britain, France, Russia, Italy, the United States…]. Their truce, an Armistice with Germany, formally went into effect on 11/11/11: the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918 [100+ years ago]. In 1954, Armistice Day was renamed Veterans Day in the US, although 11/11 is observed in Commonwealth of Nations member states as Remembrance Day – aka Poppy Day – honoring veterans who died [8 million+] in this so-called War to End All Wars. WW2 followed in 1939 after “Germany, angry over war reparations imposed by rivals and eager for revenge, eventually turned to Adolf Hitler.”
Symbolically, the number 11 holds the dual vibration of Twins [Gemini], whose relationship acts as a barometer on the scales of Truth, Justice, & Balance [Libra] within this New Age we are said to have entered of Aquarius – the 11th House of the Zodiac. Helena Blavatsky and her disciple, Alice Bailey are credited with founding the so-called ‘New World Religion’ which, since its unofficial start on 11/11/11, has gained many New Age adherents. In The Externalisation of the Hierarchy , Bailey prefaced her New Age spiritual advocacy with an extensive critique of the [Europatriarchal] World Wars: “Intense nationalism… [a] separative outlook… [and] selfish interests have controlled the reasons for which every nation has entered this war…” [p. 373-]
Spiritually, 11/11 allows a sacred moment for grief over the harsh realities of war… lives lost which are formally given global remembrance from western stages. We ritually observe these post-war programs …our hearts made gentle through words, tears, bouquets, wreaths and lapel poppies, many worn in solidarity by non-European officials. Lest we forget, 40,000 African American troops of the 92nd and 93rd divisions saw battle during WW1 under French command. This distinction tends to be under-acknowledged in the self-indulgent discourse-of-power and narrative of a human community made ‘global’ through Europe’s wars, takeovers, and controlling narratives. Hopes for equal recognition in combat are marginalized alongside cries from slavery’s descendants for Reparations from the neo-colonial ‘matrix,’ as the intensely Eurocentric Poppy-Day program runs its annual sequel. Meanwhile, the spiritual free-quency of MA’AT-consciousness – Truth, Divine Order, Harmony, Balance, Justice, Reciprocity, UbuNtu… – will only be detained for so long as another casualty of war. At some point Africa’s cultural immune system has to recover from the induced state of sleep paralysis to reclaim its own narrative and sovereignty…
“MA’AT, who links universal to terrestrial, the divine with the human is incomprehensible to the cerebral intelligence… Peace is the fruit of activity, not of sleep… The key to all problems is the problem of consciousness… If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge… The best and shortest road toward knowledge of truth is nature… If the Master teaches what is error, the disciple’s submission is slavery. If he teaches truth, this submission is ennoblement… The kingdom of Heaven is already within you; if you understand yourself you will find it… The body is the house of the God/dess. That is why it is said, ‘Wo/Man know thyself’… By knowing one reaches belief. By doing one gains conviction. When you know, dare… You will free yourself when you learn to be neutral and follow the instructions of your heart without letting things perturb you. This is the way of MA’AT…”
This selection of proverbs are from God/dess Amun/Mut’s Luxor Temple [pictured right], located on the east bank of Africa’s Nile River in Uaset. It is known as Ipet-Resyt, meaning “The Southern Sanctuary” which is connected via an Avenue of Sphinxes to the Ipet-Sut – “The Most Selected of Places” in Karnak, both dedicated to the worship of Amun-Re and His Godhood with Divine Feminine Consort, Mut. Per-ankh – “Houses of Life” were designated as spaces for education in such Khemetic temples because knowledge was considered sacred… a divine mystery of the balance between masculine and feminine co-creatives/Twins. Bound to nature and the cosmos for all time, these proverbial teachings are written in the stone [EWF] of Luxor Temple’s walls. “People need images. Lacking them they invent idols. Better then to found the images on realities that lead the true seeker to the source.” Resembling the human form in repose, the Luxor Temple’s unique design itself appears symbolically dedicated to resurrection and reparation of the sovereignty of truth, life & unity-consciousness… an architectural ‘body’ on Mother Africa’s Earth, poised as if to awaken and rise to Her Heavenly Twin.
In pop culture, this awakening is thematic to The Fifth Dimension’s 1969 ‘Age of Aquarius’ – prophetic anthem of a New Age which many believe dawned 42 years later, on November 11th, 2011 [11/11/11]. ‘42‘ is a number that is sacred to MA’AT, Goddess who serves to protect the world from chaos. [In today’s world this ‘chaos’ has occurred within the policed-state of an elite cabal’s Victorian/neo-colonial/false 3D matrix of control and mass-manipulation.] The Principles of Ma’at predate the ’10 Commandments’ as humanity’s oldest written sources of moral & spiritual instruction. Recorded in the Khemetic funerary Book of Going Forth by Day AKA Book of the Dead, these were based on 42 declarations made by Ani in the Hall of Judgment of his having lived in accordance with MA’AT’s principles, such as: “I have not done iniquity; I have not stolen; I have not made any to suffer pain; I have done no murder nor bid anyone to slay on my behalf; I have not spoken lies; I have not caused the shedding of tears; I have not dealt deceitfully; I have not lusted nor defiled the wife of any man; I have not caused terror; I have not done that which is abominable; I have not stopped my ears against the words of Right and Truth; I have not stirred up strife; I have not wronged the people; I have done no harm nor have I done evil; I have not worked treason; I have never fouled the water; I have not spoken scornfully; I have not behaved with arrogance…” [Papyrus of Ani – c.1250BCE]
“We’re in the feminine aspect now… That’s where society is… Men have gone as far as they can, right? …I learn from women a lot quicker than I do from men. …At a certain point, you’re supposed to know what it means to be a man, but now what do you know about what it means to be a woman? Do you know how to listen? Most men don’t know how to listen.” [Prince, 2014]
MA’AT‘s consort is DJEHUTI, the Magician archetype of the Divine masculine with whom the Goddess creates the Balance & Harmony needed to prevent the universe from falling into chaos and disorder. Symbolized by her hallmark feather, the Truth MA’AT has found in her aspect as AUSET [proverbial ‘True Seeker’ and wife of Khemet’s beloved King AUSAR who was mutilated when SET – god of foreign oppression, chaos & disorder – usurped his throne] is key to humanity’s awakening and ascension to Heaven-on-Earth. During her seeking, AUSET hears the cries of the downtrodden, children, her beloved [now god of the afterlife]… and responds with compassion & wisdom as she awakens, ascends, dances, re-members… #11/11… #UbuNtu… #Auset/Ausar… #Hathor/Heru… #Ma’at/Djehuti… #Mut/Amun… #Nakumbuka… ❤
The Beautyful Ones…
The Beautyful Ones Are Not Yet Born, Ayi Kwei Armah’s debut novel (published in 1968), owes its title to the misspelled inscription on a bus in Ghana where the story is set. It opens during the final months in 1965 of President Kwame Nkrumah’s rule as Ghana’s first post-colonial president, and closes with the coup that ousted him on February 24th, 1966. This period in Ghana’s history is filled with rampant poverty; overdependence on foreign capital and goods; corruption & bribery as the order of business; and other ills that have plagued Africa’s countries which followed Ghana into independence – all without the needed systemic changes that would mitigate the stagnation and disillusionment of Africans who’d only become inevitably ensnared in parasitic neo-colonial arrangements. Immersing his characters in putrid filth, rottenness, dirt, and scatological imagery as he airs out Ghana’s post-independence laundry through story, Armah leads the reader to the judgment on the novel’s final page – the misspelled bus inscription that becomes its title.
The Beautyful Ones Are Not Yet Born was widely praised but also criticized, most notably by Nigerian novelist Chinua Achebe, who writes: Armah is clearly an alienated writer complete with all the symptoms. Unfortunately, Ghana is not a modern existentialist country. It is just a Western African state struggling to become a nation. So there is enormous distance between Armah and Ghana.… A man is never more defeated than when he is running away from himself.
AUSAR [Osiris] ~ The ‘Beautyful’ One
In his preface to a new edition of the novel published by Per Ankh, Ayi Kwei Armah himself makes note of the criticism his novel received: “Much of it focused on [my] perceived artistry. There was a tendency …to contrast this supposed authorial virtuosity with the novel’s subject matter, rather inaccurately summed up as the pervasive negativity of the human condition in Africa. This bias didn’t surprise me, and I assumed it would take little time for some careful scholar to balance it by zooming in on the conceptual content of the title, which I think expresses the meaning of the text as accurately as any title can. It is a matter of some bafflement to me, therefore, that to date, as far as I know, no critical assessment has actually gone to that thematic core: the provenance of the concept and image of the beautyful ones. The phrase ‘The Beautiful One’ is ancient, at least 5,000 years old. To professional Egyptologists, it is a praise name for a central figure in Ancient Egyptian culture, the dismembered and remembered Osiris, a sorrowful reminder of our human vulnerability to division, fragmentation and degeneration, and at the same time a symbol of our equally human capacity for unity, cooperative action, and creative regeneration…
By the time I wrote the novel my impressions of Osiris, though still relatively disorganized, had evolved to the point where I was ready to recognize the image as a powerful artistic icon. Here, in mythic form, was the essence of active, innovative human intelligence acting as a prime motive force for social management. I have yet to come across an earlier, or more attractive image for the urge to positive social change.”
NEFERTITI ~ ‘The Beautiful Woman Has Come’
For conceptual context, Armah could well have used another renowned ancient Egyptian figure whose name means “the beautiful woman has come.” Queen Nefertiti, alongside her husband Pharaoh Akhenaten, established the monotheistic cult of Aten-worship – a ‘new world order’ in 14th century BCE which Akhenaten led from his worship center of Amarna. Egyptian artwork during Aten’s Amarna Period was also radically different from its predecessors. The imposed reforms of traditional culture and spirituality resulted in Aten’s legacy becoming that of Egypt’s despised ‘heretic king.’ Aten’s son and eventual successor, Tut’Ankh’Amun (formerly Tut’Ankh’Aten – meaning “the living image of Aten”) restored ancient Egypt’s cultural traditions around Amun and returned its worship center to Uaset (Gr. ‘Thebes’) during his reign. Hence his name change to Tut’Ankh’Amun.
The Nefertiti Bust – believed to have been crafted in 1345 BCE by Thutmose because it was found in his workshop in Amarna by German Ludwig Borchardt’s archaeological team in 1912 – has become one of the most copied works and iconic symbols of feminine beauty, which most associate with Egypt. Kept at various German locations since its “discovery,” the Nefertiti Bust is currently on display at the original pre-WW2 display site of Neues Museum in Berlin. Germany, like most former colonial powers which have profited greatly off their stolen African artefacts, continues to resist Egyptian demands (since 1924) for the repatriation of Egypt’s Mona Lisa, as it were – the bust of Egypt’s ‘beautiful woman…’ Nefertiti.
In relation to Armah’s musings on Osiris/Ausar‘s symbolic relevance to Africa-writ-large, in ancient Egypt a true Queen [Auset] was said to be “She who sees Set and Heru.” Set – god of foreign oppression, chaos, violence, perversion, illness… – who usurped Egypt’s Heaven-on-Earth throne through murdering and dismembering Ausar, and then scattering his pieces [African diaspora] is evident from the predatory Eurocentric divide-&-conquer playbook which creates the parasitic matrix systems humanity experiences as slavery, (neo)colonialism, apartheid… through misappropriation & predatory control of Africa’s sovereign resources. Heru – Ausar & Auset’s posthumously-conceived son who avenges his father by defeating Set & restoring Heaven-on-Earth – is apparent in the post-Amarna role of regeneration Tut’Ankh’Amun played out of his allegiance to Amun, not Aten… #Sankofa.
FATHIA HALIM RITZK NKRUMAH ~ A ‘Beautyful’ First Lady of Ghana
The links between Egypt and Ghana go further than a background concept in Ayi Kwei Armah’s mythologically-based authorial imaginings. Fathia Halim Ritzk – a Coptic Egyptian who’d taught French prior to taking a job at a bank in Cairo – became First Lady of a newly independent Ghana when she married Kwame Nkrumah on New Year’s Eve 1957-58. According to published reports, Nkrumah – who succeeded Queen Elizabeth II on March 7, 1957 as ruler of Ghana – had set out to find himself a Christian wife from Egypt through his friend, Alhaji Saleh Said Sinare – one of the first Ghanaians to study in Egypt. Fathia was chosen out of five finalists. Despite her mother’s refusal to bless their union, Fathia’s marriage to Nkrumah took place at Christianborg Castle upon her arrival in Accra, Ghana. Unmoved by Nkrumah’s pan-African vision & bona-fides, Fathia’s mother – whose son had left Egypt with an English wife – had been reluctant to see another of her five children marrying a foreigner and leaving the country. Fathia returned to Cairo with their 3 children after the military coup d’état that ousted Nkrumah on February 24, 1966. Nkrumah died in 1972 in Bucharest, Romania. Fathia died in Cairo in 2007. Both husband and wife lie buried side by side at the Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park in Ghana.
BRANFORD MARSALIS ~ ‘The Beautyful Ones Are Not Yet Born’
Titled after Ayi Kwei Armah’s book, The Beautyful Ones Are Not Yet Born is also a 1991 jazz album by Branford Marsalis (tenor and soprano sax player) who leads a trio with Jeff “Tain” Watts and Robert Hurst. The Beautyful Ones Are Not Yet Born is the 2nd track on the album which peaked at #3 on the Top Jazz Albums chart. Wynton Marsalis, Branford’s trumpet-playing brother, makes a guest appearance on the album’s 4th track, Cain and Abel. Hailing from New Orleans Louisiana, the Marsalis brothers are world-renowned members of their multi-generational ‘First Family of Jazz.’ Wynton is often quoted as saying: “The bloodlines of all important modern American music can be traced to Congo Square.”
Congo Square in New Orleans is a cultural and spiritual intersection which, like nearby Angola… was named after countries of origin of Louisiana’s predominant enslaved African population. Custodians of BaNtu oral-aesthetic traditions navigated this foreign space in ways that generated musical conversations (jazz, rhythm-&-blues, etc.). Guided by UbuNtu – the unity-conscious cultural philosophy which says “I am, because we are…” – African oral-aesthetic traditions became one of the greatest civilizing forces in America. BaNtu aesthetic quality or beauty – called KuNtu – is judged by how well cultural expression meets its art-for-life’s-sake cultural mandate towards the collective. In contrast to Manifest Destiny &/or American Exceptionalism which were used to justify the enterprises of slavery, colonialism, apartheid, etc. – the so-called “white man’s burden” – UbuNtu has endured as a counteractive Africa-centered guiding & humanizing force.
PRINCE ~ ‘The Beautiful Ones’
In a scene from his 1984 movie, Purple Rain, Prince delivered an unforgettable performance of a song titled The Beautiful Ones. Apparently the artist had already settled on the same as a title for his biography which he’d begun working on with writer and lifelong fan, Dan Piepenbring. Through the telling of Prince’s story, it seems the greater vision was for the co-written project to inspire and help cultivate a society of beautiful ones… be a “handbook for the brilliant community”… a how-to guide for black -musicians, -creatives, -collective ownership, -freedom… an authentic voice against racism, elitism, etc. & for positive social reform. An ancient proverb from Ipet-Sut (the “southern sanctuary” and temple of Amun~Mut) says: “When the governing class isn’t chosen for quality it is chosen for material wealth: this always means decadence, the lowest stage a society can reach.“ A fragmented version of Prince’s The Beautiful Ones was posthumously published and released exactly 3 years ago – on October 29th, 2019. So much has evolved on the community’s global streets since then…
Perhaps, as Ayi Kwei Armah suggests, a resurrected Ausar is rising out of the Babylonian ashes of a false ‘elite’ matrix through the collective ascension of a fragmented/degenerated human consciousness – and, like the proverbial phoenix of old… The Beautyful Ones Are Now Being Reborn… Sankofa ❤ ❤ ❤ UbuNtu
Our Father’s House
“Our Father which art in Heaven…” So begins the Lord’s Prayer [Matthew 6:9-13 KJV], depicted here in hieroglyphs from the middle-Egyptian era [-2100 BCE]. “…Amen” – the ending of the prayer which means “so be it” – further invokes the ancient deity Amun who was worshipped in two major temples located in Uaset on the east bank of Africa’s northward-flowing Nile River. God Amun, Goddess Mut, and Montu (son of the Annunciation) have the historical distinction of being the highly popular Triad of Thebes [‘Thebes’ being the Greek term for Uaset]. Ipet Isut – meaning “the most selected of places” – nowadays referred to as the Karnak Temple, is the Triad’s Northern sanctuary. Ipet Resyt – meaning “the Southern sanctuary” – nowadays referred to as the Luxor Temple, is the site of the Annunciation from Amun to Mut regarding Montu, the Divine Son She is destined to bear [click picture on the left for link @ 1:17:20].
“A house has the character of the man who lives in it” ~ This proverb from Ipet Resyt provides insight into religions which were later derived from such ancient Mysteries to the extent that latter-day belief systems did indeed assume the egoic character, cultural biases, and imperialistic agendas of Africa’s foreign patriarchal conquerors. As such, this prophetic proverb understates what would inevitably become Africa’s subsequent experiencing of the “religiously-justified” Euro-patriarchal ravaging of Her spiritual, natural, human, and cultural resources through slavery [1619-], colonialism [1884-] and apartheid [1948-]; desecrating the Nile Valley Temple of the World (per God Djehuti) and beyond, while deploying derivative religious texts to usurp God Amun‘s spiritual standing as Founding Father. His standing lives on in the emancipatory leadership of Africa’s latter-day fathers who have refused to be contained within the characteristically deceptive dictates of a predatory, yet parasitic, alien house. The false matrix. Below are words representing the resistance, wisdom & sovereign character of some of these African patriarchs:
- “When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said ‘Let us pray.’ We closed our eyes. When we opened them, we had the Bible and they had the land.” [Jomo Kenyatta – Kenya]
- “The term Greek philosophy is a misnomer, for there is no such philosophy in existence. Ancient Egyptians had developed a very complex religious system, called the Mysteries, which was also the first system of salvation. As such, it regarded the human body as a prison house of the soul, which could be liberated from its bodily impediments through the disciplines of the Arts and Sciences, and advanced from the level of a mortal to that of a God.” [George G.M. James – Guyana]
- “I took up arms for the freedom of my color. It is our own – we will defend it or perish” … “They have in me struck down but the trunk of the tree; the roots are many and deep – they will shoot up again!” … “For too long we have borne your chains without thinking of shaking them off, but any authority which is not founded on virtue and humanity, and which only tends to subject one’s fellow man to slavery, must come to an end, and that end is yours.” [Toussaint Louverture – Haiti]
- “I am not African because I was born in Africa but because Africa was born in me” … “If by their fruits we shall know them, they must first grow the fruits” … “The independence of Ghana is meaningless unless it is linked-up with the total liberation of the African Continent.” [Kwame Nkrumah – Ghana]
- “The cruelties of property and privilege are always more ferocious than the revenges of poverty and oppression.” [C.L.R. James – Trinidad]
- “Each generation must discover its mission, fulfill it or betray it” … “I am black; I am in total fusion with the world, in sympathetic affinity with the earth, losing my id in the heart of the cosmos – and the white man, however intelligent he may be, is incapable of understanding Louis Armstrong or songs from the Congo. I am black, not because of a curse, but because my skin has been able to capture all the cosmic effluvia. I am truly a drop of sun under the earth” … “In the World through which I travel, I am endlessly creating myself”… “Two centuries ago, a former European colony decided to catch up with Europe. It succeeded so well that USA became a monster in which the taints, the sickness and the inhumanity of Europe have grown to appalling dimensions.” [Frantz Fanon – Martinique]
- ”Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most – that has made it possible for evil to triumph.” [Haile Selassie – Ethiopia]
- “In ancient times “African” and “Ethiopian” meant the same thing: A Black” … “no matter what the factual data were, all the books written about Blacks by their conquerors reflected the conquerors viewpoints” … “It appears that from time immemorial, stark greed, the desire for wealth, has overridden all humane considerations. Greed has served as a kind of anesthesia, deadening humane sentiments and breaking the bonds of affection that relates man to man.” [Chancellor Williams – USA]
- “Whoever is in control of the hell in your life is your devil” … “Racists will always call you a racist when you identify their racism. To love yourself, now is a form of racism. We are the only people who are criticized for loving ourselves; and white people think when you love yourself you hate them. No, when I love myself they become irrelevant to me” … “Every single thing that touches your life, religious, socially and politically, must be an instrument of your liberation or you must throw it into the trashcan of history” … “After the rise and decline of Greek civilization and the Roman destruction of Carthage, they made one area of the conquered territories into a province which they called Africa… At first the word applied only to the Roman colonies of North Africa. There was a time when all dark-skinned people were called “Ethiopians.” [John Henrik Clarke – USA]
- “Live life as though nobody is watching, and express yourself as though everyone is listening” … “One of the most difficult things is not to change society, but to change yourself” … “As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others” … “Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies” … “I never lose. I either win or learn” … “Fools multiply when wise men are silent” … “May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears” … “Action without vision is only passing time, vision without action is merely day dreaming, but vision with action can change the world” … “Poverty is not an accident. Like slavery and apartheid, it is man-made and can be removed by the actions of human beings.” [Nelson Mandela – South Africa]
- “African unity and solidarity are no longer dreams. They must be expressed in decisions.” [Patrice Lumumba – Congo]
- “Decisions made in Washington are more important to us than those made here in Dar-es-Salaam. So, maybe my people should be allowed to vote in American presidential elections” … “In Tanganyika we believe that only evil, Godless men would make the color of a man’s skin the criteria for granting him civil rights” … “In Tanzania, it was more than one hundred tribal units which lost their freedom; it was one nation that regained it” … “African nationalism is meaningless, dangerous, anachronistic, if it is not, at the same time, pan-Africanism.” [Julius Nyerere – Tanzania]
- “While revolutionaries as individuals can be murdered, you cannot kill ideas” … “Imperialism is a system of exploitation that occurs not only in the brutal form of those who come with guns to conquer territory. Imperialism often occurs in more subtle forms: a loan, food aid, blackmail. We are fighting this system that allows a handful of men on Earth to rule all of humanity” … “The revolution and women’s liberation go together. We do not talk of women’s emancipation as an act of charity or out of a surge of human compassion. It is a basic necessity for the revolution to triumph. Women hold up the other half of the sky” … “Debt is a cleverly managed reconquest of Africa” … “It took the madmen of yesterday for us to be able to act with extreme clarity today. I want to be one of those madmen. We must dare to invent the future.” [Thomas Sankara – Burkina Faso]
- “If the choice were made, one for us to lose our sovereignty and become a member of the Commonwealth or remain with our sovereignty and lose the membership of the Commonwealth, I would say let the Commonwealth go.” [Robert Mugabe – Zimbabwe]
- “My father didn’t know his real name. My father got his name from his grandfather and he got his name from his grandfather and he got it from the slave master” … “You can’t hate the roots of a tree and not hate the tree. You can’t hate Africa and not hate yourself” … “The media’s the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power. Because they control the minds of the masses” … “There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time” … “I just don’t believe that when people are being unjustly oppressed that they should let someone else set rules for them by which they can come out from under that oppression” … “I believe in the brotherhood of all men, but I don’t believe in wasting brotherhood on anyone who doesn’t want to practice it with me. Brotherhood is a two-way street.” [Malcolm X – USA]
- “The problem of the twentieth century is the problem of the color line… One ever feels his two-ness – an American, a Negro; two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder.” [W.E.B. DuBois – USA]
- “[The] association of wealth with whites and poverty with blacks is not accidental. It is the nature of the imperialist relationship that enriches the metropolis at the expense of the colony i.e. it makes the whites richer and the blacks poorer” … “In reconstructing African civilizations, the concern is to indicate that African social life had meaning and value, and that the African past is one with which the black man in the Americas can identify with pride” … “The black intellectual, the black academic, must attach himself to the activity of the black masses” … “Beauty is in the very existence of black people.” [Walter Rodney – Guyana]
- “It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men” … “What to the Slave is the 4th of July?” … “You have seen how a man was made a slave; you shall see how a slave was made a man” … “The soul that is within me no man can degrade” … “[on equal rights of women…] It was hers before she comprehended it. It is inscribed upon all the powers and facilities of her soul, and no custom, law or usage can ever destroy it.” [Frederick Douglass – USA]
- “Power which establishes a state is violence; the power which maintains it is violence; the power which eventually overthrows it is violence” … “Westerners have aggressive problem-solving minds; Africans experience people.” [Kenneth Kaunda – Zambia]
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy” … “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that” … “A riot is the language of the unheard” … “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere” … “Be a bush if you can’t be a tree. If you can’t be a highway, just be a trail. If you can’t be a sun, be a star. For it isn’t by size that you win or fail. Be the best of whatever you are” … “The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.” [Martin Luther King Jr. – USA]
- “A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots” … “I have no desire to take all black people back to Africa; there are blacks who are no good here and will likewise be no good there” … “Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds” … “If we as a people realized the greatness from which we came we would be less likely to disrespect ourselves” … “The Black skin is not a badge of shame, but rather a glorious symbol of greatness.” [Marcus Garvey – Jamaica]
- “A Luta Continua!” [Eduardo Chivambo Mondlane – Mozambique]
Mother of Humanity
Mother’s Day 1996 saw the unveiling of artist Nijel Binns’ 16-foot-tall bronze Mother of Humanity® monument [*]. It was built as a symbol of hope following the civil unrest, conflagration and riots in reaction to the televised beating of Rodney King by Los Angeles law enforcement officers in 1992. Since May 11th 1996, the MOH monument has been on permanent exhibit at the Watts Labor Community Action Committee – a civic center located at 10950 Central Avenue in Watts, California.
[ LINK TO: Mother of Humanity® Monument Documentary trailer ]
Binns says that his artistry in general is driven and informed by a need to conscientiously maintain and preserve the legacy of traditions “begun long ago in ancient Egypt.” As with its ancient African forbearers, the Mother of Humanity® monument uplifts and informs humanity through the principles symbolically portrayed in her design:
Reverence and respect for Mother Africa as the cradle of civilization is promoted by the symbolic outline of the continent of Africa that is contained within the shape of the Mother of Humanity® monument.
Humanity’s ascension towards a higher consciousness through inner vision is symbolized by the dot on her forehead which represents the pea-sized pineal gland located in the center of the human brain. This gland is responsible for the production of melanin, the substance that gives skin its color. Often called the “first [or] third eye” the outer marking on the forehead was symbolic in ancient cultures of higher spiritual light from within.
The feather in her right hand promotes peace, speaks truth, and guides with balance and righteous reciprocity – a constitution of divine order represented in ancient Egypt by Goddess Ma’at who wore the feather as her symbolic crown. Among the rituals associated with this feather was the weighing of the heart in the halls of judgment. If one lived a righteous life, their heart in one scale would be as light as Ma’at’s feather in the other scale of balance and justice.
Her open left hand is symbolic of a mother’s compassion, understanding and welcome towards the human family and all well-meaning sentient beings.
The bared right breast symbolically acknowledges the sovereign and natural resources of all mothers; of Africa as humanity’s original mother, and continent where the sacred Nile River represents Maziwa Mkuu – the Milky Way on earth as in heaven. Mother Africa has nourished all nations on earth, often through the external exploitation of her sovereign resources – be they human, natural, spiritual, or cultural…
The Mother of Humanity® monument’s left foot stepping forward symbolizes her having the heart and the courage to take strong, righteous, and fearless action. In the ancient Kemetic tradition, statues were crafted with the left foot going forward in alignment with the heart which is located on the body’s left side. Thus the symbolism is to stamp out chaos and evil [“Set” in Kemetic mythology] by marching – left foot forward in concert with the heart – as a warrior of truth and righteousness [Ma’at] throughout the world.
[*NB: The Mother of Humanity® name, images, and related indicia are registered trademarks of Nijart International, LLC. All rights reserved. CLICK on the picture of Nijel Binns to learn more about him as an artist.] HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY, 2021 ❤ ❤ ❤
African Liberation Day ~ 5/25
On May 25th (“5/25”) 2020, two recorded events made headlines in Africa’s northern Diaspora. Both were horrific in the degree to which they were racially-charged and played out from the standpoint of white privilege and callousness against black lives. One was a blatant attempt to provoke a potentially dangerous police-confrontation against an innocent bird-watcher (Christian Cooper) in New York’s Central Park; and the other which demonstrated that very potential when George Floyd lived his final 8m:46s under the knee of a Minneapolis police officer. Unfortunately, such horrific occurrences as these are not uncommon, and the long list of African victims goes back to the era of slavery whose evils live on and play out in toxic ways from that unexorcised and overly-policed space which nonetheless claims to be the land and home of the free and brave. Officially commemorated as Memorial Day, May 25th (in 2020) – the date of these occurrences and America’s unofficial start of summer – is, perhaps ironically, also observed as African Liberation Day… Read More
Amidst speculation in certain quarters about a great Return and global re-set around that event, I find myself longing for the organic frequency I imagine existed before the last great patriarchal re-set around the ‘matrix’ of a Mediterranean world. In Gregorian year 2022, a rogue virus and its variants continues to familiarize the entire world with the Greek alpha-bet in a way that tragically incarnates population control (eugenics?) wishes eerily expressed by the late Duke of Edinburgh, who’d originally been born into Greek & Danish royalty. And beyond the ‘cradle’ of 5th-century-BC-Athens, USA is currently in an existential struggle to assert its clout as the matured-version/standard-bearer of Democracy, despite its own unresolved foundational flaws. These transitional times in which everyone bears the karmic brunt of whichever forces agitate against humanity’s ascension out of the waning Euro-patriarchal Age of Pisces, adds a poignant weight to the meaning of UbuNtu – the BaNtu unity-conscious state of being that says “I am, because we are.” Furthermore, there is a larger understanding within this Africa-centered philosophy of the organic frequency Earth itself needs, to reclaim her most pristine alignment between the heavens, nature, humanity’s womb, and Temple of the World, as God Djehuti referred to Africa’s Nile Valley.
July 4th, 1776 – a day when America declared its Independence from British colonial rule under King George III – is celebrated annually as America’s official birthday. Astrologers have been mulling over this date in much the same way as they would over an individual client’s birth chart, in anticipation of the planetary return of Pluto in 2022. Often described as God of Death and Rebirth, Pluto is regarded in western astrology as Lord of the Underworld. Located at the edge of our solar system, Pluto will return for the first time – on February 22nd, 2022 – to the exact same position it was in during America’s “birth” in 1776, following completion of the planet’s full 246-year cycle. To astrologers, this Pluto Return has profound implications in terms of its attitude and behavior towards America’s realizing of promises. It’s an anticipated Judgment Day of sorts. Read More
In its eternal dance with Mother Earth, the Sun‘s southernmost reach at the Tropic of Capricorn causes a Summer Solstice within lands around and below the Equator. At this same moment, the Sun is at its greatest distance from the Tropic of Cancer, causing people in Earth‘s Northern Hemisphere to experience their shortest day and longest night of the year. Certain birds have flown South as the cold-shouldered Winter Solstice arrives in the North. In Latin, the term Solstice comes from the words sol – Sun, and sistere – to stand still. While southern climes begin to enjoy their longer days, to Northerners the Sun appears to have stood still as their days noticeably shorten and their lands fall into a deep wintry sleep.
This death-of-sorts is a 3-day transitional/mourning period which ends on December 25th. Northern Hemisphere traditions were created to then RELEASE and celebrate the “Resurrection or Birth of the Sun” on this post-Winter Solstice date that marked the shift in Earth’s seasons. According to scholars, Christianity personified this annual solar activity by creating a Euro-patriarchal savior-figure whose “official” birth-date was then configured to correspond to the climax of this 3-day drama [see “CAESAR’S MESSIAH:…” link @43:00].
Cycles of the sun have naturally been important in the planting and harvesting calendars of agricultural communities on both sides of the Equator. The inverse (longer days and shorter nights) occurs in the Northern Hemisphere with the Summer Solstice in June, when the Sun reaches its northernmost point from the Equator at the Tropic of Cancer. And then in between the Winter & Summer Solstices at the Spring & Fall Equinoxes (March & September), when day and night become approximately equal in length. The Eternal Dance is cosmically-calibrated.
The Equator, & both Tropics of Capricorn and Cancer are key ley lines which demarcate and help choreograph the S-N energies of Earth‘s seasons throughout the year/world. All run latitudinally [E-W] across the African continent versus the longitudinal [N-S] Prime Meridian which demarcates east from west, and sets the world’s official time-zones [Greenwich Mean Time – GMT] from England (one of 3 European Prime Meridian countries) even though longitude-zero also runs through the African countries of Togo, Ghana, Burkina Faso, Mali and Algeria. Rather than Eurocentric/colonial/imperialist reference points, the Nile Valley, which is characterized by God Djehuti as the “Temple of the World,” may provide better understanding of what the more optimal/holistic navigational settings may be for humanity/Mother Earth vis-à-vis Her related Heavenly bodies and observances. Which is why the two televised pageants that took place in Egypt (one of Africa’s Tropic of Cancer countries) that ran at strategic moments during this Gregorian calendar year of 2021 should be of note to all:
- “The Pharaoh’s Golden Parade” which took place on April 3rd, 2021. The regular annual Easter-weekend programming in recognition of a Christian account of a messiah’s death [Winter] and resurrection [Spring] was interrupted by the spectacle of the unearthed remains of twenty-two ancient Egyptian royals being relocated from the Egyptian Museum in Tahrir Square to the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization in Fustat. The mummies that were transported during this made-for-TV event in order of their reign were: King Seqenenre Tao; Queen Ahmose-Nefertari; King Amenhotep I; Queen Meritamun; King Thutmose I; King Thutmose II; Queen Hatshepsut; King Thutmose III; King Amenhotep II; King Thutmose IV; King Amenhotep III; Queen Tiye; King Seti I; King Ramesses II; King Merenptah; King Seti II; King Siptah; King Ramesses III; King Ramesses IV; King Ramesses V; King Ramesses VI; & King Ramesses IX.
- “The Path of God” between Ipet-Resyt (“The Southern Sanctuary” – now Luxor Temple) and Ipet-Sut (“The Most Select of Places” – now Karnak Temple) was reopened in another globally televised spectacle on November 25th, 2021 – officially Thanksgiving Day this year in America. The historical Thanksgiving narrative for some is one of peace and shared prosperity between Native Americans and ‘Pilgrims.’ Among Native people however, this is a day of mourning the darkness of their genocide, reaffirming their resilience as a people who’ve had to custodian and honor their sacred ancestral relationship to Mother Earth amidst white plunder and subsequent myth-making. Also known as the Avenue of Sphinxes, the two-mile Path of God was Kmt’s site of the Opet Festival during which the annual flooding of the Nile upon which present-day Egypt remains dependent was celebrated. The sacred river flows from two main sources in the heart of Africa & womb of humanity, one of which is located within a country now fighting on behalf of its democracy against increasingly aggressive/corrosive forces of western propaganda.
#NOMORE is the recent global African cry for RELEASE from the continued plundering of the Motherland’s spiritual, natural, human, and cultural treasures by enslavers, colonizers, architects of apartheid, and western propaganda machines with their neo-colonial pretenses of promoting “salvation” and “democracy.” It’s classic Set – god of chaos, the desert, storms, disease, violence and foreign oppressors – archetypal antagonist in Kemetic mythology. “#NOMORE!” – the rallying cry of Heru (archetypal protagonist & s/hero) was spurred against current western alliances with terrorists who are fighting against democracy etc. in Ethiopia. It’s ironic, given America’s own anti-democracy events of January 6th, 2021. As Africa’s oldest independent nation, Ethiopia has managed to repatriate some of its stolen artifacts from Europe, including (in 2005) one of her giant tkhn/obelisks that had been installed in Rome, capital of the country that failed to colonize her following the racist 1884 Berlin Conference.
Roman Emperors were fascinated by these symbols of African Divinity, and Rome currently harbors the most tkhns (13) in the world. Most were stolen from ancient Egypt, including the 320-ton “Vaticano Obelisk” (stolen from Alexandria by Caligula in 37AD) which now sits in St. Peter’s Square; and the 330-ton “Lateran Obelisk” – the largest tkhn in the world that was stolen by Constantine II from Ipet-Sut (“The Most Select of Places” – Temple of Amun at Karnak) – which now sits in Vatican City, Rome. So, does the emperor [Set] have clothes? We will see even clearer in 2022, Gregorian time…
Was “The Path of God” diverted? Was there some kind of terrible misreading of Kmt’s ancient Mysteries and symbols? Is the current ‘custodianship’ of African treasures part of the ‘mystery’ humanity needs to discover itself within? A proverb from Ipet-Resyt (“The Southern Sanctuary” – now Luxor Temple) advises: A phenomenon always arises from the interaction of complementarity. If you want something look for the complement that will elicit it. Set causes Heru. Heru redeems Set. Another proverb from the same temple advises: When the governing class isn’t chosen for quality it is chosen for material wealth: this always means decadence, the lowest stage a society can reach.
RELEASE… ❤ RELEASE… ❤ ❤ RELEASE… ❤ ❤ ❤
#NoMore #KnowMore #KnowThySelf #OneAfrica #UbuNtu #Ma’at #Asé ❤ Amun ❤ ❤ ❤
The Drinking Gourd
During America’s Underground Railroad era (1800-1865), Africans escaping slavery in the south knew through ‘map-songs’ that in order to Steal Away to Jesus, they’d have to Wade in the Water (to throw hunting dogs off their scent) and Follow the Drinking Gourd to freedom (“Jesus”). The Drinking Gourd was an African reference to one of their most ancient navigational settings between heaven and earth – the ‘Big Dipper’ constellation that pointed to the North Star and direction of their escape. Though there is considerable irony in African ancestral memory being masqueraded as Christian worship songs and the like, such survival tactics through traditional oral-aesthetic strategies had become necessary since the horrific Atlantic crossing when enslavers disabled the capacity of the captives’ communication infrastructure by destroying their musical instruments.