REVIEW ’22: Our Father’s House… Nakumbuka
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – the long-awaited and highly anticipated sequel to 2018’s Black Panther, which starred the late great Chadwick Boseman in the titular role, finally premiered on 11/11/22… Nakumbuka Day. Nakumbuka is a Swahili word meaning “I Re-member.” The Pan-African Associations of America set aside November 11th as a remembrance date when in 1994 they first observed Nakumbuka Day at San Diego State University in California. Alongside Veteran’s Day observances in America, 11/11 is an annual day to collectively remember the African victims of European enslavers, colonizers & agents of apartheid & genocide whose horrendous and racist acts created a bloody trail of devastation and left families throughout the world unable to lay their grief to rest after several hundred years.
- Writer-Director Ryan Coogler seemed to tap into that same cultural vein by scripting Black Panther: Wakanda Forever as a cathartic vehicle through which to process the real-life loss of Chadwick Boseman, who’d played several roles of significance in Black history & mythology – Djehuti/Thoth… Thurgood Marshall… James Brown… Jackie Robinson… amongst others. And, during the final credits as movie-goers proprietarily gather up their used tissues, Coogler adds an emotional nod to another significant ancestral figure in real-life Black history… Haiti’s Toussaint Louverture, to whom the following quotes are attributed: “They have in me struck down but the trunk of the tree; the roots are many and deep – they will shoot up again!” … “For too long we have borne your chains without thinking of shaking them off, but any authority which is not founded on virtue and humanity, and which only tends to subject one’s fellow man to slavery, must come to an end, and that end is yours.”
- The BP rallying cry, “Wakanda Forever…” is symbolized by a signature salute inherited from Africa’s ancestral Gods & Kings, notably Ausar (great Shepherd, Hunter, God of the Afterlife) & Tut’Ankh’Amun (meaning the living image of Amun) who’s also been depicted in ancient African records & museum artifacts as a figure riding on the back of a Black Panther through the Afterlife, reimagined in the scene of T’Challa’s visit to the ancestral plane in BP1. Each ancestral figure (Tut’Ankh’Amun, Ausar & Amun himself) for me is invoked in the unscripted/5D metaverse of Coogler‘s BP2 silver screen treatment – a presentation some found lacking in Wakanda‘s unfortunate dearth of strong Black male representation (shout-outs to M’Baku!) & its dodgy coziness with the CIA! With actual history as prelude, there are unavoidable 3D implications from all of Wakanda‘s symbolism as an Africa-centered super-power, now stripped through script of its key leadership figures, chain-of-command structure, & exclusivity to the vibranium resource…
- Apropos to legit concerns regarding active threats against Africa-centered masculinity, it perhaps shouldn’t come as a surprise that those who currently consider themselves the custodians of Africa’s ancient resources are, in 2022, rallying against none other than comedian-actor Kevin Hart. Hart is facing calls to boycott his Reality Check show at Cairo Indoor Stadium, scheduled for February 2023 amidst accusations of the comedian-actor attempting to appropriate & “blackwash” the history of Egypt with statements he’s said to have made such as, “We must teach our children the true history of black Africans when they were kings in Egypt, & not just the era of slavery that is cemented by education in America. Do you remember the time when we were kings?”
- Nakumbuka… I remember feeling some kind of way as an African watching “The Pharaoh’s Golden Parade” that took place in Egypt on April 3rd, 2021. Television viewers were provided alternative Easter-weekend programming through a made-for-TV-&-tourism spectacle of the unearthed remains of 22 ancient Egyptian royals being relocated from the Egyptian Museum in Tahrir Square to the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization in Fustat. Mummies that were transported during this event in order of their reign were: King Seqenenre Tao; Queen Ahmose-Nefertari; King Amenhotep I; Queen Meritamun; King Thutmose I; King Thutmose II; Queen Hatshepsut; King Thutmose III; King Amenhotep II; King Thutmose IV; King Amenhotep III; Queen Tiye; King Seti I; King Ramesses II; King Merenptah; King Seti II; King Siptah; King Ramesses III; King Ramesses IV; King Ramesses V; King Ramesses VI; King Ramesses IX.
- This Easter weekend spectacle was followed later that same year during America’s official Thanksgiving day [11/25/21] by another globally televised Egyptian event, celebrating the reopening of “The Path of God,” a 2-mile sphinx-lined stretch between Ipet-Resyt (“The Southern Sanctuary” – now Luxor Temple) & Ipet-Sut (“The Most Select of Places” – now Karnak Temple) – both temples of the Amun~Mut Divinity. In America, the historical Thanksgiving narrative for some is one of peace & shared prosperity between Native Americans & alien ‘Pilgrims.’ Among Native people however, this is a day of mourning the darkness of their genocide, reaffirming their resilience as a people who’ve had to custodian and honor their sacred ancestral relationship to Mother Earth amidst invasion, plunder & subsequent whitewashing/mythmaking. Also known as the Avenue of Sphinxes, the 2-mile Path of God was Kmt’s site of the Opet Festival during which the annual flooding of the Nile (upon which present-day Egypt remains dependent) was celebrated. Earth’s heavenly river (Maziwa Mkuu meaning “Great Milk”/Milky Way) flows from 2 main sources in Africa’s heart & the womb of humanity… sacred font of Kmt’s seminal Mystery system.
- As god Djehuti/‘Thoth’ infamously proclaimed: “Art thou not aware that Egypt is the image of heaven, or rather, that it is the projection below of the order of things above? If the truth must be told, this land is indeed THE TEMPLE OF THE WORLD…” Djehuti then laments a time when this heaven-on-earth Nile Valley would become “filled with strangers” & “widowed of the Gods”: “To thee I cry, O most sacred River, to thee I announce the coming doom!… Egypt, once the holy land beloved of the Gods & full of devotion for their worship, will become the instrument of perversion, the school of impiety…”
- “Changing of the Gods” – a 10-part docuseries that began airing on 2/22/22 – examines how the relationship-drama between the Eurocentrically-designated planets Pluto & Uranus disrupts human affairs during their transits. Amongst the consequential evidence of Pluto-Uranus conjunctions upon Mother Earth, early episodes present footage of Abolitionist, women’s suffrage, Civil Rights, anti-colonial/apartheid, #BLM, #MeToo, George Floyd [etc.] uprisings around the world. Viewed through a Black &/or Indigenous lens, this footage creates its own subversive narrative, suggesting to me that Pluto & Uranus (stars/gods of the docuseries) act like a Trojan Horse pre-programmed to catalyze karmic cycles of trauma-bonding into Mama Earth-as-a-perpetual-Europatriarchal-colony/industrial prison-camp. As a conscious co-creator encamped in the Africa-centered Temple of the World, I’m guided to beware of Greeks [& others] bearing gifts that detract souls from their sovereign narrative & the true Path of God…
- February 22nd 2022 was particularly significant in the United States of America. Astrologers mulled over this date in much the same way as they would over an individual client’s birth chart because, following completion of Pluto’s full 246-year cycle, on 2/22/22 this planet returned for the first time to the exact same position it was in during America’s official “birth” on July 4th, 1776 – the day when America declared its Independence from British colonial rule under King George III. Often described as God of Death & Rebirth, in western/Greco-Roman astrology Pluto is regarded as Lord of the Underworld… attributes appropriated from Ausar who was additionally referred to as the Bull of Eternity [later Europeanized as “Taurus”]. To many, 2/22/22 was anticipated as a Judgment Day of sorts, thus the profound implications of Pluto’s Return, attitude & behavior towards America’s original promises…
- What, to the American slave, is your 4th of July? Frederick Douglass had asked during his speech in New York on July 5th 1852 to the Rochester Ladies’ Anti-Slavery Society. Douglass, an Abolitionist and champion of women’s equality, was pointing out the incompatibility of the continuing existence of slavery with the fundamental claim in America’s Declaration of Independence that “all men are created equal.” In the initial draft of the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson, now credited with its authorship and himself an owner of 600 enslaved Africans on his Monticello plantation in Virginia, had condemned “the warfare of the Christian king of Great Britain,” King George III, for forcing slavery’s “assemblage of horrors” and evils onto its American colonies: “He has waged cruel war against human nature itself, violating its most sacred rights of life & liberty in the persons of a distant people who never offended him, captivating & carrying them into slavery in another hemisphere, or to incur miserable death in their transportation hither.”
- Jefferson’s contradiction did not escape the notice of English Abolitionist Thomas Day, who in 1776 wrote: “If there be an object truly ridiculous in nature, it is an American patriot, signing resolutions of independence with the one hand, and with the other brandishing a whip over his affrighted slaves.” Thomas Jefferson, one of America’s Founding Fathers, went on to become #3 in America’s presidential lineage.
- Fast forward to 10/13/22 when, at the inauguration of the European Diplomatic Academy in Brussels, neocolonial EU foreign policy chief Joseph Borell, ranted out loud about Europe being a superior ‘garden’ & ‘beacon’ that must civilize the violent ‘jungle’ to pre-empt a ‘barbarian invasion’. Queen Elizabeth II – great-great granddaughter to Grandmother of Europe Queen Victoria who rubberstamped Europe’s barbaric invasion & colonization of Africa at the racist 1884 Berlin Conference [aka Europe’s ‘Scramble for Africa’] – herself acceded to Britain’s throne during her stay in the ‘jungle’ treetops of a colonial Kenya forest when her father, King George VI, passed away on Feb. 6, 1952, at Sandringham. Citing the British monarchy as his proof, John Oliver delivers an instructive take in his signature comedic style on how “truly ridiculous in nature” this entitled, racist, & unworthy mindset remains in 2022, the 70th anniversary of QE2’s reign. Her Platinum Jubilee was marked and celebrated in England from February 6th – June 5th, 2022.
- Britain’s longest reigning monarch died later this year on 9/8/22, during her annual stay at Baalmoral Castle in Scotland. The lengthy observances that followed included a centuries-old “breaking The Wand Of Office” tradition, symbolizing the end of a monarch’s sovereign status. At QE2’s funeral on 9/19, the pieces of The Wand which was broken by her Lord Chamberlain, Andrew Parker, were placed atop the coffin as it was lowered into the ground. The controversial Crown Jewels – including the Star of Africa – which had been on the queen’s coffin since 9/9 were then moved into the Royal Vault for the next-in-line.
- By virtue of being the late queen’s oldest child, Charles at 73 years of age finally inherited the British role of Monarch, Head of State… Nation… Commonwealth; Defender of the Faith & de facto Supreme Governor of the Church of England with the power to appoint bishops, archbishops, & deans of cathedrals on the advice of the Prime Minister, as his mother had during her reign. Liz Truss, Britain’s last and short-lived Prime Minister under QE2, was succeeded under KC3 by Rishi Sunak whose parents were coincidentally born & raised respectively in colonial Kenya & Tanganyika (now Tanzania). No doubt KC3’s reign will include a recharged, Harry Potteresque spell-casting Wand Of Office along with the same damning array of “Crown Jewels” & other stolen bedazzlements handed down to Britain’s latest self-claimed representative of God on Earth accompanied by his consort-of-choice.
- I wonder how the Elizabethan playwright Shakespeare [-1616], who famously wrote the speech that began, “All the world’s a stage…” would have critiqued the royal cosplay and its reruns that reinforce a stale version of British identity from the vaunted Buckingham Palace balcony, amongst other televised stages in the long-suffering lands of the so-called British Commonwealth? Envious outsiders such as America’s #45, likely view the centuries-old play/grift on the various publics as evidence of an “extremely stable genius” art-of-the-deal. After announcing his bid to retake the Presidency in 2024, America’s now would-be #47 upped his own game on 12/15 with a “major announcement,” hawking trading cards of himself cosplaying fetishized ideals of American manhood… in part hoping that these visual assaults would help obscure humanity’s awakening (on both sides of the pond) to reality… ~ :“The.Emperor.Has.No.Clothes!”
- MSNBC host Lawrence O’Donnell called #45 “a 20th-century [sic] version of the madness of King George III” …the same King George III that Thomas Jefferson was trying to use as his own scapegoat back in the day. Between the British Monarch & America’s #45, it’s a tossup as to which one, in the archetypal mythology of the Ausar~Auset~Heru trinity, would be the quintessential updated version of Set – god of the desert, chaos, violence, plague & oppression? Jealous, greedy & ego-driven, Set was the usurper of Kmt’s Heaven-on-Earth throne who dismembered King Ausar & scattered his pieces into the “wilderness” [Africa’s Diaspora & colonial reconstruction], hoping that Ausar‘s emasculated 14th piece would prevent his return as a resurrected god. This piece is literally symbolized as the tkhn symbol – called ‘Cleopatra’s Needle’ in Britain’s stolen version & ‘Washington Monument’ in America’s replica – both 17th-century installations amongst other stolen tkhns around the world, mostly in Rome. Ideologically branded & globally marketed as the White Man’s Burden… Manifest Destiny… American Exceptionalism… Monarchism… Trumpism… Christian Nationalism… in these still-active mythological teachings from days-of-yore, it’s not a huge stretch to recognize Set‘s false matrix & its predatory, parasitic, chaos-making ways…
- …To which the victims of vibranium-vampirism should Awaken from the cloak of stupor – cunningly induced & spread by self-appointed “saviors” of humanity – and reclaim their sovereignty by declaring “Nakumbuka!”… The point of this ritual being ‘Re-membering’ – the “expelliarmus” spell that irrevocably disarms Babylon’s ‘Wands of Office.’
- “…Amen” is more than a universal closing to prayer. As timeless proverbs from Ipet Resyt on the southside of Amun~Mut’s 3D Path of God instruct: “A house has the character of the man who lives in it… When the governing class isn’t chosen for quality, it is chosen for material wealth: this always means decadence, the lowest stage a society can reach… Men need images. Lacking them they invent idols. Better then to found images on realities that lead the True Seeker to the Source… If the master teaches what is error, the disciple’s submission is slavery. If he teaches truth, this submission is ennoblement … If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge …Knowledge is consciousness of reality. Reality is the sum of the laws that govern nature/Ntr and of the causes from which they flow…” Sema Tawy
- ~ Amun ❤ ❤ ❤ #Nakumbuka #UbuNtu
Category: African Culture, African Proverbs, Afrocentricity, Colonial Experience, Pan-Africanism, Reparations, slavery, Storytelling
Tags: #45, 11/11, 2/22/22, 4th of July, Amun, Ausar, Auset, Avenue of the Sphinxes, Berlin Conference, Black Panther, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, British Monarchy, Bull of Eternity, Chadwick Boseman, Changing of the Gods, Charles III, Cleopatra's Needle, Crown Jewels, Djehuti, Elizabeth II, Frederick Douglass, God of Death and Resurrection, Heru, Ipet-Resyt, Ipet-Sut, John Oliver, Joseph Borell, Judgement Day, Karnak Temple, Kenya, Kevin Hart, King George III, Kmt, Lawrence O'Donnell, Lord of the Underworld, Luxor Temple, M'Baku, Maziwa Mkuu, milky way, Mut, Nakumbuka Day, Neocolonialism, Pluto, Pluto's Return, Queen Victoria, Reality Check, Ryan Coogler, Scramble for Africa, Set, Shakespeare, Star of Africa, Temple of the World, the madness of King George, The Path of God, The Pharaoh's Golden Parade, Thomas Day, Thomas Jefferson, Thoth, Toussaint Louverture, Trojan Horse, Tutankhamun, Uranus, Vibranium, Wand of Office, Washington Monument