- Mutere, M. (2012) Towards an Africa-centered and pan-African Theory of Communication: UBUNTU and the Oral Aesthetic Perspective, Communicatio, 38 (2): 147-163.
- Mutere, M. (May, 2011) The Oral Aesthetic of Michael Jackson: A Model of Pan African Communication, African Communication Research, 4 (1): 63-86.
- Mutere, M. (December, 2007) Educational Guide to Angels in the Dust, a Participant Media award-winning film about HIV/AIDS orphans in South Africa by Louise Hogarth. Text links:
- Christiani, A., Hudson, A., Nyamathi, A., Mutere, M., Sweat, J., Getzoff, D. (2008) Attitudes of Homeless and Drug-Using Youth Regarding Barriers and Facilitators in Delivery of Quality and Culturally Sensitive Health Care. Journal of Childhood and Adolescent Psychiatric Nursing, 21 (3): 154-63.
- Sweat, J., Nyamathi, A., Christiani, A., Mutere, M. (2008) Risk Behaviors and Health Care Utilization Among Homeless Youth: Contextual and Racial Comparisons. Journal of HIV/AIDS Prevention in Children and Youth, 9 (2): 158-174.
- Nyamathi, A., Smith, D.M., Shoptaw, S., Mutere., M., Cohen, A., Amrani, I., Morales, L., de Castro, V. (2007) Perceptions of Methadone Maintained Clients About Barriers and Facilitators to Help-Seeking Behavior. Progress in Community Health Partnerships: Research, Education, and Action, 1 (4): 301-9.
- Nyamathi, A., Hudson, A., Mutere, M., Christiani, A., Sweat, J., Nyamathi, K., Broms, T. (2007) Drug Use and Barriers to and Facilitators of Drug Treatment for Homeless Youth. Patient Preference and Adherence, 1: 1-8.
- Nyamathi, A., King, M., Casillas, A., Gresham, L., Mutere, M. (2007). Nurses’ Perceptions of Content and Delivery Style of Bioterrorism Education. Journal for Nurses in Staff Development, 23 (6): 251-7; quiz 258-9.Helen Tobin Writers’ Award Winner.
- Covington, C., Nyamathi, A., Mutere, M. (2007) Vulnerable Populations in Thailand: Giving Voice to Women Living with HIV/AIDS. Annual Review of Nursing Research, 25: 339-55.
- Mutere, M. (December, 1999) The African Oral-Aesthetic: A Communications Paradigm for Any Millenium – published by Daily Nation (Kenya) in a special millenium edition.
- Mutere, M. (1995) The Oral-Aesthetic: An Africa-Centered Perspective of Music. Doctoral dissertation, Temple University.
- Mutere, M. (1992) African Studies and the Question of Intellectual Location – published in African Studies Association (ASA) annual conference proceedings
Pingback: “I AM ~ SOMEBODY!” – Graffiti as Cultural Text |